1) Engage with MBA team
For an MBA aspirant seeking information outside of personal research the most useful way is to communicate with our admissions team through these various channels:
- Get in touch with us via the hotline (+852) 3962 1241 or email
- Attend the admissions events
2) Understand the eligibility
After doing your own research and engaging with our MBA team, we believe you will have a basic understanding of our programme. As a kind reminder, before starting the application process you are advised to read the entry requirements one final time.
3) Submit the online application
Once you have concluded you’re eligible for admission, please submit the online application by following these steps:
- Create an account (link)
- Log-in after registered
- The application fee is HK$300 (non-refundable) paid online by Visa or MasterCard credit card
- You will receive the reference number MBAXXXXXXXXXX (10 digits) upon a successful application
Download Supporting Documents Check List
A secure link to upload your supporting documents for our preliminary review will be provided after submitting the online application.
4) Prepare the supporting documents
The following documents need to be submitted along with the online application:
- The official/certified true copy of a transcript(s) containing a complete record of the years and examination results of the courses you have taken at your home university (transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a formally certified translation in English provided by university or notary office).
- The certified true copy of a degree certificate(s) (certificates not in English should be accompanied by a formally certified translation in English provided by university or notary office).
- Official GMAT/GRE/GRK report
- Candidates with more than 7 years of postgraduate full-time work experience might be exempted from this requirement. Exemption, if any, will be considered on a case-by-case basis after the admission interview
- GMAT/GRE: Test scores more than five years old will not be accepted
- GRK: Test scores more than one year will not be accepted
- We consider only your highest (and valid) score. The number of attempts is not a concern, we will not combine sub-scores from multiple exams into a single composite score
- The HKU MBA code number for the GMAT is FS2-WL-61
- The HKU MBA code number for GRE is 4136
- Please visit this link to register for the GMAT exam
- Please visit this link to register for the GRE exam
- Official TOEFL/IELTS report
- An applicant’s qualification from a university outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English must take TOEFL/IELTS exam
- Test scores more than two years old will not be accepted
- We consider only your highest (and valid) score. The number of attempts is not a concern; we will not combine sub-scores from multiple exams into a single composite score
- The HKU MBA TOEFL code number is 9671 (institution code) and 02 (department code)
- When you pre-register for the IELTS exam (academic module), the official paper score report should be sent directly to: MBA Admissions Office (Room 204, Block B, Cyberport 4, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong)
- Please visit this link to register for the TOEFL exam
- Please visit this link to register for the IELTS exam
- Statement of reference from two referees (Download template)
- A copy of your passport (page with photo)/photo ID
- Professional resume
5) Admissions Interview
Once the Admission Committee has received all online applications and supporting documents, we will shortlist the candidates for interviews. Interview invitations are sent to the email address provided in the application. Second round interviews or further documentation may be required in some cases.
Note: The HKU MBA Office places greater importance on the interview process than on essays, as we believe the best way to evaluate an applicant is through personal interaction, which helps us to better understand the motivation and personality of prospective students.
6) Admissions Decisions
Admissions decisions are generally available 2 to 4 weeks after the interviews which are communicated via email once all outstanding supporting documents have been received. Admission offers will be granted to selected candidates.
7) Next steps upon offer acceptance
Upon offer acceptance, the student services team will work closely with the incoming students regarding the student visa application details (for non-local) and pre-MBA activities as well as a timeline of programme-related information.